The story of RiteCMS
The story of RiteCMS goes back more than 10 years. I was designing my business website on a shared hosting environment. For security reasons, the MySQL server was seated behind a firewall and extremely slow. So, WordPress ran like a turtle. I decided to look for a PHP CMS WITHOUT MySQL. PhpSqliteCMS.net by Alex was an ideal choice among many. 2 years later, I was still very satisfied with its performance but not quite with its features. Alex was pretty busy and could not respond as I expected.
So I decided to fork the project to better suit my needs. The result is RiteCMS.
Over the years, I have contributed hundreds of hours to the project, and it now serves me pretty well. It has powered many project websites for me.
RiteCMS is now more important to me due to one important reason—my clients in Asia.
Nowadays, many websites are powered by WordPress. WordPress relies on many outside codes such as bootstrap, google analytics, CAPTCHA, CSS hosted on CDN, etc. Many of these outside scripts are seated on servers that are totally blocked by the Chinese government. When people from China visit a website like this, they will see a broken website.
In addition to that, RiteCMS is light-weight and simple to use.
10 ways you can use RiteCMS
Many people would think of a CMS as a tool to power a business website. That is certainly true. But a CMS can do much more than that, especially RiteCMS which is powered by PHP and Sqlite database. An Sqlite database is simply one single file. This makes it very easy to sync data. Below are some creative ways to use RiteCMS.
- First and foremost, you can create a website for your business or hobby.
- Of course, you can create a personal blog with RiteCMS. Version 3.1.0 has built-in Blog-like function. All articles can be automatically added to a news(blog) page.
- Looking for a job? Quickly create a personal portfolio website with your resume, etc.
- A personal notebook. I use RiteCMS as a notebook in my Macbook.
- A recipe collector. With a built-in search function, this is a no brainer.
- Online private project discussion board. With the built-in comments function, you can easily turn RiteCMS into a little discussion room for a small group.
- Applying for colleges? Create a personal website to impress your admission officer.
- Online photobook. RiteCMS has gallery function built in.
- A community newspaper. With its ease of use, you can easily create a community newspaper in minutes.
- A personal bookmark.
What else can you do with RiteCMS? Please let us know.